Thursday, March 8, 2012

On the Season of Awards

In which we reflect back on some of the momentous occasions of the past year.


It's award season again, or at least it was1. The Oscars have come and gone and praise has been placed upon actors, directors, producers, and others in the film industry. I hate movie awards, you can read all about it here.

This year, however, I am going to handout some awards of my own.

  • Most Badass Hero That Might Also Be Autistic, Maybe - Ryan Gosling (the Driver), Drive
  • Best On-Screen Duo - James McAvoy & Micheal Fassbender (Professor X & Magneto), X-Men: First Class
  • Best Movie That the Trailer Made Look Terrible - Rise of the Planet of the Apes
  • Most Likely to Remind You of the Wire - Attack the Block
  • Most Forgetable Blockbuster - Cowboys & Aliens2
  • MRR (Most Rediculous Runner) - Tom Cruise (Ethan Hunt), Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
  • Least Favorite Movie - Sherlock Holmes
  • Rookie of the Year - John Boyega, Attack the Block
  • Most Magical Film Experience - Hugo (in 3D)
  • Most Hottest Actor3 - Chris Helmsworth, Thor
  • Most Cutest Actress - Jodie Whittaker, Attack the Block
__________________________________________________________
1 Honesty time, this post was supposed to be written over a week ago
2 No joke, as I was thinking of these I forgot about Cowboys & Aliens and almost awarded it to a different movie
3 Thanks Colleen for the award name

3 comments:

  1. 1) I resent the Ryan Gosling award category. His character does not meet the basic criteria outlined for autistic disorder, Asperger's Disorder or pervasive developmental disorder by the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual of Mental Disorders - Version IV - Text Revision.

    2) I was so bored with Hugo. I was pretty disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark-

    1) You do not meet the basic criteria outlined for having a sense of humor.

    2) We can still be regular friends, but I've decided after so many years of terrible movie/television opinions we can no longer be pop culture friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I'm real glad I didn't see Sherlock Holmes!

    Also we got Hugo from Netflix (finally) so I'm excited to see it! Too bad it's not 3D

    ReplyDelete